|COMMAND CHIEF MASTER SGT. PAUL J. HENDERSON II|
Chief Master Sergeant Paul J. Henderson II is the Command Chief Master Sergeant, 27th Special Operations Wing, Cannon Air Force Base, New Mexico. In this position, he serves as the principal enlisted advisor to the Commander on all issues affecting the health, morale, welfare, professional development and effective utilization of more than 5,100 personnel directly supporting the AC-130H, AC-130W, MC-130J, Remotely Piloted Aircraft, and multiple theater mobility aircraft missions.
Chief Henderson grew up in Georgia, Florida, and Tennessee before entering the Air Force in 1984. His professional background includes duties as an aerospace ground equipment mechanic and flight engineer. He has served as a formal training unit MC-130H and MV-22B flight engineer instructor as well as an evaluator at the squadron, group, numbered air force, and major command levels. Chief Henderson has flown over 4,200 flight hours in the C-130E, AC-130H, MV-22B, and AC-130W aircraft. His assignments include bases in Germany, Arkansas, Florida, New Mexico, North Carolina, Texas and the United Kingdom.
1984 3708 Basic Military Training Squadron, Flight 119, Lackland AFB, Tx.
1987 Noncommissioned Officer Preparatory Course, Hahn AB, Germany
1990 Noncommissioned Officer Leadership School, Little Rock AFB, Ar.
1996 Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Tyndall AFB, Fla.
1998 Associates in Applied Science for Flight Engineering (CCAF)
1999 Associate in Applied Science for Instructor of Technology and Military Science (CCAF)
1999 Bachelor of Science Degree, Workforce Education and Development (Southern Illinois
2000 Senior NCO Academy, Maxwell-Gunter AFB, Ala. (Correspondence)
2004 Senior NCO Academy, Maxwell-Gunter, Ala. (In-residence)
2008 Chief Leadership Course, Maxwell-Gunter, Ala. (In-residence)
2009 Joint Special Operations Forces Pre-Command Course, MacDill AFB, Fla.
2009 Command Chief Candidate Orientation, Lackland AFB, Tx.
2010 Leadership Enhancement Program, Center for Creative Leadership, Greensboro, N.C.
2010 AFSO 21 Executive Leadership Course, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, Tn.
2010 Keystone Command Senior Enlisted Leader Course, National Defense University,
2011 Enterprise Management Seminar, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Va.
2011 Gettysburg Leadership Experience, Gettysburg College, Gettysburg, Pa.
2011 COMAFFOR Senior Staff Course, Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst, N.J.
1. December 1984 - January 1985, student, 3708 BMTS, Flt 119, Lackland AFB, Tx.
2. January 1985 - May 1985, Aerospace Ground Equipment (AGE) Technical School, Chanute AFB, Ill.
3. May 1985 - June 1988, AGE technician, 50th Equipment Maintenance Squadron, Hahn AB, Germany
4. June 1988 - August 1989, AGE technician, 726th Tactical Control Squadron, Homestead AFB, Fla.
5. August 1989 - December 1989, student, C-130E Flight Engineer Mission Qualification Course, Little Rock AFB, Ar.
6. December 1989 - September 1993, C-130E Instructor Flight Engineer, 50th Tactical Airlift Squadron, Little Rock AFB, Ar.
7. September 1993 - February 1997, MC-130H Instructor Flight Engineer, 15th Special Operations Squadron, Hurlburt Field, Fla.
8. February 1997 - March 1999, MC-130H Instructor/Evaluator Flight Engineer, Flight NCOIC, 550th Special Operations Squadron, Kirtland AFB, N.M.
9. March 1999 - July 2000, Stan/Eval Flight Engineer, 58th Operations Group, Kirtland AFB, N.M.
10. July 2000 - June 2002, MV-22 Instructor/Evaluator Flight Engineer, Detachment 1, 58th Operations Group, Marine Corps Air Station New River, N.C.
11. June 2002 - July 2005, Chief, CV-22 programs, MAJCOM MC-130H Flight Examiner Flight Engineer, Headquarters 19th Air Force, Randolph AFB, Tx.
12. July 2005 - June 2008, Manager, Flying Standards and Policy, Headquarters Air Education and Training Command, Randolph AFB, Tx.
13. June 2008 - Jan 2010, Superintendent, 27th Special Operations Group, Cannon AFB, N.M.
14. June 2009 - September 2009, Command Chief Master Sergeant, Combined Joint Special Operations Air Component, Southwest Asia/data masked
15. January 2010 - June 2012, Command Chief Master Sergeant, 352d Special Operations Group, RAF Mildenhall, United Kingdom.
16. June 2012 - Present, Command Chief Master Sergeant, 27th Special Operations Wing, Cannon AFB, N.M.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with 4 oak leaf clusters
Aerial Achievement Medal with 1 oak leaf cluster
Air Force Commendation Medal with 2 oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal
Navy Achievement Medal
1987 John L. Levitow Award (Noncommissioned Officer Preparatory Course)
1990 John L. Levitow Award (Noncommissioned Officer Leadership School)
1991 Order of Daedaliens Aircrew Award
1996 Distinguished Graduate Award (Noncommissioned Officer Academy)
1998 Tanker Airlift Association Young Leadership Award
2004 Distinguished Graduate Award (Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy)
EFFECTIVE DATE OF PROMOTION
Chief Master Sergeant June 2008
(Current as of June 2012)