For Submitting Freedom of Information requests online to our Requester Service Centers (RSC), click on the following AF eFOIA Public Access Link (PAL): https://efoia.cce.af.mil/
FOIA officials recommend that people review all the links listed on the left side as they have been designed to provide information and guidance. When submitting request to AFPC using the eFOIA Public Access Link, please make sure to select the following options using the drop down menu to ensure your request is directed to AFPC:
- ACTION OFFICE: AFPC
- Records Search Location: Location to be searched*: AF Personnel Center, Randolph AFB
For mailing or direct contact with the Air Force's Personnel Center Requester Service Center:
Attn: FOIA OFFICE
100 Air Commando Way
Cannon AFB, NM 88103
Phone number: 575-784-2552 DSN: 681-2552
Organizational email: email@example.com
The four basic guidelines for submitting a FOIA request. (DODM 5400.07_AFMAN 33-302, paragraph C1.4.3., FOIA Request):
- Indicate that it is a FOIA request.
- Clearly identify the record(s) being sought and be specific on the type of documents. Avoid terms such as "requesting any and all documents" since this type of request generally requires clarification and responsive documents can include excessive costs for search and releasable documents. NOTE: Recommend asking for "all releasable information" in your request. This allows the FOIA office to redact or remove information generally exempted under the FOIA program and process your request quicker. FOIA provides access to records and "is not" a forum for answering questions.
- Indicate a willingness to pay fees associated with the processing the request or, in the alternative, why a waiver may be appropriate (see DODM 5400.07_AFMAN 33-302, section C6.1.4., Fee Waivers). State an actual dollar amount versus a willingness to pay reasonable costs. This avoids guessing what is considered reasonable and you can be contacted should processing costs exceed your limit.
- Include a complete mailing address and consider providing a telephone number and/or email address. Should questions arise, you will be contacted. NOTE: Air Force-affiliated requesters, to include military and civilian employees, should not use government equipment, supplies, stationery, postage, telephones, or official mail channels to make FOIA requests. Requests should be made through personal email or postal service.
The request is considered properly received or perfected when the above conditions have been met and the request arrives at the FOIA office of the Component or agency in possession of the records. FOIA requests are processed within 20 working days unless there are unusual circumstances that may justify delay, whereby the requester will be contacted